Serial killer or shonky editor?

I’ve just read a tweet from the EDP (Eastern Daily Press) announcing ‘Body found in River Waveney. More soon.’ Does the fact that this unfortunate choice of words reduced me to helpless giggles make me a very bad person? I do wonder sometimes if web editors read what they’ve put up before hitting ‘publish’.
A fairly busy day today – Matt has been stricken by an attack of gout, rendering him incapable of putting on shoes, so he and little’un are having a quiet day in today. Matt’s errand to pay in a cheque has been delegated to yours truly, so my lunch break was spent getting the bus in to the city centre, tourist-dodging through to the bank, paying in said cheque, and stopping for a few minutes in Bonn Square to eat my packed lunch (green salad with raspberry balsamic, Moroccan-spiced couscous, hummus, pom-arils and avocado) and people-watch before getting the bus back to work. A few more hours of updating contact lists and prepping materials for advertising, and I’ll be off home to put together an online shopping order for all the bulky storecupboard stuff. We usually do this once a month on foot with a very large rucksack and assorted bags but even if Matt can walk again by then, we’ve snow forecast for the weekend and I think it would be more sensible not to be carrying heavy bags on slippery pavements*.

*By which of course I mean pfoo to shopping, I’d rather make a snowman in the garden or go to the park and play in the snow!

Comments

  1. You call that a 'Packed Lunch' ?.... I'd call it a 'Banquet'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looked a good deal less banquet-ish after bouncing around in my handbag in a tupperware for a while. Very tasty though. I went through a long phase of just making a ham or chicken sandwich in the morning, grabbing some crisps to go with it and having that for lunch and my god it got boring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts